Saturday, September 18, 2010

Klär: my German face


Exhibit A: I'm posting this picture for a few reasons...
1) You can see my kitchen at my new apartment.
2) Tall boots and a trench coat? But it's only September 18th!
3) However the main reason I took this was to show you a unique phenomenon which I call the "German face." This is the preferred expression of many Germans in public settings, like when walking around the city or waiting for the train. You have to look like you're contemplating your mortality or something. No smiling.

Exhibit B: another girl on my program took this concept to new heights. I can't look at this without erupting into laughter. 


I've been living in Dresden for about 10 days and I LOVE IT! More to come soon. For now I will rest because I caught a cold today. Tschüß!

PS: Another hilarious factoid is that I hear "It's Raining Men" on the radio at least once a day!


3 comments:

  1. you look totally German! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...sort of reminiscent of your 4th grade photograph. Retro is SO in! I wish I heard "It's Raining Men" every day! Sorry I won't have any photos to post. I'm in AUSTIN but forgot my camera. =[

    ReplyDelete
  3. summer, you're a big butt for forgetting your camera. perhaps it's best that i don't see your would-be pictures from austin so that i don't become too homesick. tell me about your time in austin! give everyone a big hug from me and go take a dive at barton springs. bye!

    ReplyDelete