Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stav: Moon River-ing

Hello all,

The past couple of weeks have felt really crazy/emotional/full/hectic but really, I haven't been doing that much. I'm in a wistful mood the majority of the time and it gets in the way of my living my life. Blerg. I find myself humming this song constantly. While doing dishes, reading, walking to the bus stop. Although there are many versions of Moon River, I think that Audrey Hepburn's version of it from Breakfast at Tiffany's is the most beautiful:



Hmmm. I hate feeling sad, so I won't expand on my current mood.

Funny/interesting things that have happened to me in or around the bus lately:

Yesterday while I was waiting for the bus, an older gentleman was standing in front of me in line waiting to get on, but a little off to the side. As the bus approached, I waited for him to get on, you know, out of respect... He saw that I wasn't getting on and then yelled at me "GET ON ALREADY". It was horrible. As I recounted this story to my housemate, he replied "That man must hate kindness." Ha!

Usually when I ride the bus I get a lot of homeless/homeless-seeming men trying to make small talk with me. It used to make me uncomfortable, but not really any more. The other week, a very cute hip hipster guy started making small talk with me on the bus. Not a big deal, but a nice change from older, foul smelling men.

Today at the bus stop near my house, in an attempt to stay away from the sun (BTW, I really feel like its just gonna stay hot in Austin forever. The temperature just won't go below 85 until next spring...) I stood on this grassy shaded area. Little did I know I was standing in an ant pile.

Jeez, thanks for letting me blow off some steam blog-friends. I really do love you.

Take care,
Stav.

2 comments:

  1. Ah I loved this post because I have such high standards for myself as far as moods go. Sometimes I find myself in these annoying melancholic moods and I feel like I'm the only person who gets in funks. Ah the human condition. On another note, I love transportation stories! So wondrous when two strangers lives cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STAV! I love you and miss you too! Lots! Thank you for posting Moon River and your great bus stories. You always have the best anecdotes. I've never seen Breakfast at Tiffany's--so I should watch it. I wish you were still my roommate. We must be in somewhat similar moods lately...but I'm toying with the idea of coming to Austin this weekend...what are you doing?

    ReplyDelete