Sunday, August 8, 2010

Alice- Learning how to post...

This is my very first post ever on a blog- yay! The past few weeks have been very busy and very crazy for me, as I am sure for all of us! I am SO excited to hear about everyone's adventures this year, I think it will be a very exciting and happy year for everyone!

Let me see, I have moved back to Houston officially, although since then I have been nack to Austin twice and I feel way more up in the air then grounded somewhere! Andy and I saw Bob Dylan last week- sorry but we didn't get any good pictures! (no one missed anything though, he sounded like an old frog)Went hiking, and grilled a lot! In Houston I have been hanging out with friends, being awesomem have baked a lot and I am slowly starting to get into the habit of studying Turkish- yikes! I think it will be very rough for me the first few months adjusting to Turkish and struggling to stay afloat in the languge. Hopefully though I will come back near-fluent! We'll see!

Now I am packing and getting ready to go to DC this week for my Fulbright orientation. I expect to come back with lots and lots of information to get ready and most of my questions answered- fingers crossed?

well, here are some pictures from the last few weeks-

bus love- this was the night i was spit on! : )


We took Sacha hiking with us of course- he's so sute when he goes swimming!! : ) Our weekend trip to San Antonio started out great, and was a lot of fun UNTIL it turned in to the trip from hell when our car broke down... : ( i have the worst luck with cars!



This is my "ode to biking in Austin" picture.... : (

ok, hope everyone is having a good week! : )

-alice

No comments:

Post a Comment