Saturday, August 14, 2010

Stav: This Band is From the Sixties

To counteract yesterday's sad music selection, I present to you The Turtles. Just like the title of the post suggests, the music of the Turtles is very stereotypically sixties. The album Battle of the Bands sounds like a combination of the Beatles, the Yardbirds, the Byrds, Simon and Garfunkel, and the Beach Boys put together - but not in a "oh my god, so many great artists in one band!!!!" way, more in like a HEB-brand Generic Crispy Rice way. I don't mean to say that the music is bad, I actually really enjoy it. It sounds like a soundtrack to a movie possibly featuring surfing, drugs, British people, dancing, bowl cuts, a love story that wasn't meant to be, but ends with marriage. I dunno. It's certainly fun.

I think Eleanor is the best song on the album, it's also the most recognizable.



For a laugh (or a good 2 minutes of crazy dancing in your room) try Buzzsaw - a kind of knock-off, slower mix of "Wipeout" and "Tequila".



That's the songs for today. Let me just end with this advice: biking is such a good way to shrug off a bad mood. Woot! However, even though riding downtown from my place is quite easy, the ride back north and east is quite a trip. I was huffing it all the way up Chicon.

Also, I have figured out a way to take the bus to Fiesta. Alright for groceries!

Take care folks,
Stav.

2 comments:

  1. My beautiful lovely, I am so excited to have met up with Claire and co. this weekend. She told me about your girly blog circle and I am honored to have been given the password....still figuring this out buuuut. I love that the first post from you I see is regarding my fav decade I never lived through. YES! Amor, Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stav! I am so glad you got on board. And I love reading your music reviews and listening to them instead of doing my homework (like what I'm doing right now!) Keep posting and soon we will have a whole contingent! Hope you got moved in okay and that everything went smoothly. I'll give you a ring later to get caught up. love you!

    ReplyDelete