Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fatima: At work

Hello all. Sorry it's taken me so long. 

I am currently at work waiting for a meeting to start. Things here have been pretty crazy around here. I do want to share the exciting news that I am working part time with Stav. We are working with 2nd and 3rd graders with an after school program. They are incredibly adorable, but also very rambunctious. (Claire, they are right about at your energy level!)

School has started for UT students and the masses of 18-22 year old's in Austin are on the UT campus. I got to meet about 100 freshmen this past weekend, and I am so excited to be working with them and getting to know them.

Things with David are going really well, but we are both incredibly busy so a quick goodnight kiss as all we've been able to share these past few days.

Austin is the same, lovely with it's greenery, social with all of its festivals, music, and trendy trailer eateries, and above all full of fun and outgoing people.

The house I live in is fun. There is enough happening to make it feel warm and cozy. Stefanie moved out, but in her place is a girl who all of you would have fallen in love with. She is super creative, is making a garden, made homemade yogurt for us last week, is going to teach me how to preserve some goodies, loves to read and collect stuff,  and loves to go to night swim at barton springs. I know what you're thinking, too good to be true. I am super excited, though, to have her as a housemate.


Those are pretty much all of my updates.  Miss all of you greatly.


ps. I took this photo on my new iphone! David says hello.

2 comments:

  1. Hola Fatima,
    I am so excited to have this blog to get to know you better! Reading about Austin enlivens my soul and everyone that lives there is blessed. Can't wait to read more. ~Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell from your post just how busy you are! It's good to hear from you--and you should keep posting photos! Like, can you post something from your amazing new camera?!

    ReplyDelete