Sunday, August 15, 2010

Leslie: Well Hello There My Lovelies (old and new)

Current mood: Bubbling thick anxiety just below calm, peaceful anticipation
Listening to: Mississippi John Hurt "Stackolee"
Weather: HOT AS HELL

Last Friday was a magical and humorous day as I finally had a much too overdue mini Pearl Street Lover reunion in godforsaken Dallas. Claire and I made it with no hiccups to Dallas's attempt of an artsy coffee shop but Christa got lost and Rob took the DART rail then a cab then got lost....but they both surfaced alive and well much to the joy of my heart. After much updating, hugs, and photos on the stoop of this little house, Claire informed me of this blog and I knew I had to partake since I've been shit at keeping up with all the people I fell in love with from our golden days at Pearl. Yes I fell in-love with you! How could I not have. So without further ado, here I am in another blog circle with some ex-Pearl kids. Yet another blog circle, you wonder? Why yes. In my earlier days at Pearl circa 2004-2006 I had a blog ring on Xanga with some guy friends who lived at Pearl from 2003-2005. Thuan, Darmawan Darmawan, and Smits(notable Pearl guys) we just some members of what we called The Order of Bitter Intellectuals. It kept us all close despite the fact that we lived all over the world from Canada to Indonesia to Suriname. Anyhow I can't wait to stay close via this blog. I love you and will write more exciting stuff once I arrive in Nicaragua on Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. "In my earlier days at Pearl circa 2004-2006"
    LOVE IT!

    let me guess, was it cafe brazil?
    love you. love hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it! I can't believe you're going to Nicaragua so soon...you must post lots of lovely photos...unless the internet speed sucks, which is something I experienced in Bolivia. =[ Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. leslie, have a good trip out to nicaragua tomorrow! next time we meet you'll speak perfect spanish!

    ReplyDelete